The Residence Permit for Investment Activity also known as Golden Visa, provided by Law No. 23/2007 of July 4, updated by Law No. 28/2019 of March 29, in its current wording is the residence permit granted to foreign investors (nationals of third states) who meet the legal conditions imposed, namely the carrying out of capital transfers, job creation or the purchase of real estate.
CONDITIONS FOR OBTAINING:
- Acquisition of real estate of an amount equal or greater than 500 thousand euros (this amount may be reduced to 350 thousand euros if the property was built at least 30 years ago or it is located in an urban rehabilitation area), in this case the value of the property and the amounts spent on carrying out rehabilitation works of the acquired real estate, must total the amount equal to or greater than 350 thousand euros;
- Creation of at least 10 jobs;
- Transfer of capital in the amount of EUR 1 million or more;
- Transfer of capital in the amount of EUR 350.000 or more, which is applied in research activities carried out by public or private scientific research institutions, integrated into the national scientific and technological system;
- Transfer de capital in the amount of EUR 250.000 or more, that it is applied in investment or support to artistic production, recovery or maintenance of national cultural heritage, through services of central and peripheral direct administration, public institutes, entities that integrate the public business sector, public foundations, private foundations with public utility status, international entities, entities that integrate the local business sector, municipal associations and cultural public associations, which continue attributions in the area of artistic production, recovery or maintenance of national cultural heritage;
- Transfer of capital in the amount of EUR 350.000 or more, for the acquisition of units in investment funds or venture capital funds geared towards the capitalization of companies, which are constituted under Portuguese Law, whose maturity, at the time of the investment, is at least five years and at least 60% of the value of investments is made in commercial companies based in national territory;
- Transfer of capital in the amount of EUR 350.000 or more, intended for the establishment of a commercial company established in national territory, combined with the creation of five permanent jobs, or for the strengthening of the share capital of a commercial company established in national territory, already constituted, with the creation or maintenance of jobs, with a minimum of five permanent, and for a minimum period of three years.
- Passport or other valid Identification Document;
- Proof of entry and legal stay in National territory;
- Proof of Health Insurance;
- Certificate of criminal record of the country of origin, or of the country (or countries) where has lived for more than one year, when does not reside there – (certified by Portuguese Diplomatic or Consular Representation). Issued less than 3 months and translated into Portuguese;
- Proof of tax identification number, or equivalent, of the country of origin, of residence or of tax residence;
- Completion of application (through the approved model) stating the authorization for the consultation of the Portuguese Criminal Record;
- Declaration under commitment of honour, by which the Applicant declares that he will comply with the quantitative and temporal requirements;
- Proof of the situation regularized near the Fiscal Department and near the Social Security, with a maximum advance of 45 days;
- Receipt of payment for the ARI application review fee.
- Absence of conviction for a crime punishable by a custodial sentence of more than one year in Portugal;
- Not being in the period of interdiction of entry into National territory, following a measure of removal from the country;
- No indication in the Schengen Information System;
- No indication in the SEF Integrated Information System.
Five years for the maintenance of investment activities, the counting of which begins from the date of the residence permit.
NOTE: Possibility to obtain Portuguese nationality from the 6th year.
|Looking for information on the gold visa?